Monday, November 19, 2018

Already....

Well after a week off, for fall break (crappy weather, and broke parents makes for a dull week off for the kids) the kids are back at it again.  By "back at it" I mean the crap has hit the fan, already.  Well on a positive note, no one was in the office today.

So girl comes home almost in tears.  She was out with a bunch of friends today and one of the kids decided that it was time to tell everyone in the group, except my daughter, that they are all her best friends.  She made sure to tell Rose that she was not part of her best friends list.  I sure hope my kids never tell other such hurtful things.  I always try to turn negative experiences into a learning experience, but it's getting harder when there is 'stuff' everyday.  Then some other boy decided to tell Rose that she is the most annoying child in the class.  Did I mention that the teachers say she is so quiet and sweet?

This week my kids have to do a project that requires group work.  (25% of their mark).  Well my kids are not stupid but are auditory so they are called out of class to write exams.  (Translation, they are dumb.  Translation no one wants them in their group.)  Needless to say there was three kids left out during group selection (2 of which were my children, the other one was sick.)   They both were rejected by their so called friends, as the 'smart' kids were available.   I am disgusted that the teacher can't take the time to split the kids into groups and 'switch' things up from time to time.   My one son is frustrated with his lazy group who will not entertain any of his ideas.  The other kid came up with an idea and some other kid in the group told everyone it was his idea.   Charlie just wanted James to go with him, but James has no interest.  So tears and upset kiddo tonight.   To make it even better at practice tonight the rotten 'assistant' coach (parent helper/PITA) decided to tell my kid he needs new shoes and shouldn't wear his again.   Then he likes to push the kids around, he belted my kid in the stomach so hard that his brother even notice he almost winded my kid.  Now Charlie is my sensitive one who is having issues, between the slap and the shoes he had to go to bed early tonight.   I just bought the shoes in September, due to current economic conditions I cannot afford new shoes.  Now my kid doesn't want to go to school.  This also happens to be the parent of the kid who told Rose that she is the most annoying kid in the class.

I just wish my kids could find their place, good friends, kind people and will stick up for one another.

Kids are mean, teenagers are mean, parents can be mean, teachers can make the issues worse then they need to be.

Not a happy Mom today.  Here's to a better day tomorrow.



Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
 -Charles R. Swindoll

No comments:

Post a Comment