Wednesday, November 14, 2018

James

So my first born has become quite the challenge these days.  This is a chatty young fella that has an amazing ability to be so kind and loving.   He has always been a kid that needs to go on about what every one else is doing and correct their behavior.  Lately it is more about getting everyone around him in trouble.  I really don't know what do with this kiddo these days.

He is angry and become so disrespectful I really don't know what to do.  There has been so much negativity in the house due to the struggles his brother has been having, I am sure he is struggling with all of this but it's not ok to treat me so horribly.

I have tried to find his 'currency', you know that one thing that will make him sit up and take notice.  His brother tells me that he brags at school that he doesn't care if he gets grounded or in trouble, one of his friends was not impressed.  He truly doesn't care, it is noticeable at home.  My heart breaks that he currently thinks so little of me.  (Dad is the soft one in this house, Mom is the enforcer)

I think the teenager years are going to be trying times and a test of my anxiety medication! :)


Vampires and teens have a lot in common. Teens have surging hormones, vampires have surging blood lust. Teenagers think they're immortal. 
-P. C. Cast

No comments:

Post a Comment